R.R. Smith Memorial Fund Foundation is the charity established by the BCRTA in 2000 through which BCRTA / R.R. Smith member groups could raise money and donate to educational charities and receive a tax receipt.
To advance public education in British Columbia and in developing countries by :
- Providing scholarships and bursaries to doctoral students in any area which advances public education and deserving students, to enable them to attend post-secondary educational institutions.
- Making and administering grants to Canadian registered charitable organizations, the purposes of which are similar to those of the society.
- Acquiring school materials, books, equipment, and supplies of all kinds, and donating them to schools.
- Providing funding to support innovative projects which advance public education.
- working cooperatively with governments in Canada and other countries, and other charitable organizations.
The Foundation makes grants to projects that meet these criteria.
Board of Directors
Our Constitution and History
History of the R.R. Smith Memorial Fund Foundation (PDF)
R.R. Smith Bursaries Established in 2006 by then President Peter Minshull