R.R. Smith Memorial Fund Foundation is the charity established by the BCRTA in 2000 through which BCRTA / R.R. Smith member groups could raise money and donate to educational charities and receive a tax receipt.
To advance public education in British Columbia and in developing countries by :
- Providing scholarships and bursaries to doctoral students in any area which advances public education and deserving students, to enable them to attend post-secondary educational institutions.
- Making and administering grants to Canadian registered charitable organizations, the purposes of which are similar to those of the society.
- Acquiring school materials, books, equipment, and supplies of all kinds, and donating them to schools.
- Providing funding to support innovative projects which advance public education.
- working cooperatively with governments in Canada and other countries, and other charitable organizations.
The Foundation makes grants to projects that meet these criteria.
Board of Directors